Brain Injury Services Day Program is a non-traditional day program and offers adult brain injury survivors life skills training and recreation and leisure opportunities.
BIS Day Program is both facility based in Easy Street and community based at locations throughout Calgary, or in the individual’s home.
A comprehensive team of brain injury services professionals and support staff work in close partnership with the individual, their families, and communities to support the person to achieve their goals.
This particular program is:
- A daily, community based, program where individuals can experience a variety of social settings in and around Calgary.
- Flexible in programming times – some activities run on evenings and weekends.
- Recreation and leisure based.
Individuals are involved in a variety of groups throughout the week including, but not limited to: bible study, men’s group, cooking group, and other leisure based excursions.
This program is primarily funded by Human Services – Persons with Developmental Disabilities (PDD); there are some fee for service, WCB and private insurance company funding arrangements as well.
Eligible individuals for Brain Injury Services Day program include individuals who:
- Have an acquired brain injury.
- Are 18 years of age or over.
- Have a stable funding source.
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and participate in a customized rehabilitation plan.
Most referrals are through Human Services – Persons with Developmental Disabilities (PDD) or directly through private referrals.